Saturday, November 28, 2009

Blistered but good

In the past four days David and I have been to Chicago and back, hauled 4000+ lbs of IKEA furniture across two states, in and out of the moving truck several times and back and forth in the new house several times.

My hands are blistered, my wrists are aching, but it's all good. Moving day is inching ever closer and look at my new house!
A *very* happy and unexpected discovery happened when we finally installed the new windows in the master bedroom...we can see the golf course! Wooohoooo. (It's at the back between the houses.)
We went Penske to Chicago. Loading the cabinets via forklift was the easy part.
We both like this gray bedroom in IKEA, but I am scared to make my bedroom that dark gray. It was lovely decked out for Christmas though.
8 hours and 23 cabinets later...
and we have conquered!

Now they are waiting to be hung.
And looky there...hardwood floors. Beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous hardwood floors.

I sat in that spot for a long time this morning just marvelling at how far the house has come.

It is so bright and light and open (AND NOT SMELLY!) and I can hardly believe it is the same place it used to be.
Scary huh?

12 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm a lurker. I really enjoy reading your blog posts. I just wanted to say that dark bedrooms look good on displays, but usually not very good in houses. It's a novelty, but I find that it wears off quickly. In college I painted my bedroom every year in many different colors, the best were always bright colors. Just thought I'd give you my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the kitchen finished (I bet you can't wait either) !
    * My word verification is:
    ismakable (is make able) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine a year from now...it's all going to be so worth it. You guys have worked really hard and I can't wait to see the finished house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting to hear how the IKEA haul went. The remodel is just outstanding. Best wishes with these next few weeks. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it all coming together - it is fun to see it become a home. Thanks goodness the IKEA run is behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait to see the finished product! you guys are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Kinda like ..you went to Chicago and came back through the rabbit hole....huh......Alice??

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's coming together so nicely! Funny you should mention a gray bedroom. Over xmas break I will be repainting out master bedroom gray. Not as dark as you photo is but gray none-the-less!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!! I knew there would come a tipping point where it starts to become clearer. YAY!!!

    Our bedroom is a gray, an overcast morning color called Sterling. It actually was too purple so I had to have it retinted with a bit of black and green I think. Now its a soft bluish gray and looks smashing with red-orange, or royal blue, or cream, or black, or purple.... I love it(I'll fb a pic).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:37 PM

    maybe I meant the looking glass? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought about you and your kitchen this weekend when we were assembling 1 piece of IKEA furniture. Can't wait to see your kitchen, your home is turning out so great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?