Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas pick me up

I am feeling a little bit sad that while everyone's blogs and facebook updates include gorgeous holiday decorations and christmas tree arrivals that my life includes phone calls to plumbers, siding salesmen, moving companies and trips to U-Haul.
I love Christmas so much. Everything bright and sparkly and calm. Our house is anything but bright and sparkly and calm right now.
And to top it off, Jack has been asking why everyone else has Christmas decorations and we don't. :-(
I am still REALLY holding onto hope that we will be moving in 14 days. (I don't know how much longer I can carry on with this working my tail off 15 or 16 hours a day.)

Of course, even if we do move in 14 days our Christmas this year is going to be one tree with whatever ornaments I can scavenge up! (How I wish I had time to spend with Jack making some kind of ornaments for that tree...even if it was just cutting out paper birds like I saw in Country Living.)
So, let's just revist a few photos I dug up on the old blog here and remind myself that by Christmas 2010 everything I love will be out in our new and improved old house...

That's a little better.

A bientot!

11 comments:

  1. 2010 will be the year you can go ALL OUT with the decorations. You are in survival mode right now. Hang in there. Know that I'm thinking of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to be in limbo, and even harder at this time of year. One year I moved the day after Christmas.. take heart, all my pics are of years past, I haven't done anything yet for this year. And the pics of those trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you can come on over to my blog, because there isn’t a sign of Christmas . . . just like my house! I don’t feel like dragging everything out until we get a tree, and we can’t get a tree for a couple of weeks. But then again I will probably leave part of my decorations up for months like I did last year, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, i am a little confused - i think the driving to chicago post threw me off - is your new place in the same town? could you maybe put a few decorations up at the new place already? i am excited for your move and even if you only have one tree - it will be in YOUR house with the light and the cool tiles in the bathroom and the memories ...
    we don't have a tree yet - just a mess while hubby spruces up the (non-functioning) fireplace and another roof repair starting tomorrow. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, it will be SO worth it when you get in your new house. We've been in our place two months, but because of work stresses probably won't be able to go all out on Christmas this year. But even a few things in a new house seem special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a temporary setback. I'd take that fabulous new house over Christmas decorations any day. The subway tile! The new kitchen cupboards! The floors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs*

    I have no Christmas up yet either!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you have photos and other blogs to look at this time of year. Last year my husband and I had the flu from December first on. No Christmas decorations, no tree. No photos. We made the best of it. The new house photos look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I , for one, thoroughly enjoyed revisiting your beautiful photos!! Especially that tree! Oh my, is it ever gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel you.. we still are not all the way moved in and there is stuff every where that needs homes and some how I am supposed to get up christmas decorations! I love christmas too, but hard to get in the mode this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations are just the best. It is ok to have an off year really.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?