Monday, November 16, 2009

Here and there

Over here our little house is starting to feel less and less like home every day.
Where there were pictures of my little sweetie...
there is now just a wall...

all of my pretty pottery is packed away...
and the hall of frames is no more.

With less than 30 days until moving day, the other house is starting to show little peeks of a new home for us...
with pretty new subway tiles in the bathroom...
and some of my signature yellow starting to go up on the walls.

The transition is still a little tough for me. I had dreams all night last night that I was in my grandparent's house desperately searching for the kitchen light switch to no avail. Of course I couldn't find that light switch, *I* made them tear out that wall...

It will be interesting to see what it's going to be like for me to be living there again. All grown up and without my grandparents.

We have our big meeting with the city council on Wednesday to try and get the necessary variance for my main floor laundry room. Pleeeeeeeeeease wish us luck?

5 comments:

  1. Your new house is really looking lovely. I know it's bittersweet. You and I are definitely kindred spirits. When we moved into my grandparents house, I was constantly dreaming of earlier years and looking for things that I couldn't find anymore. Best wishes with the variance. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see the finished product! Good luck with the variance. Love the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the city council! I am loving that yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you lots of luck even though I am kind of envious of those subway tiles. Your new house is going to be so great - everything the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very jealous that you get to design and decorate a new place. My house is still a work in progress even after 3 years but I move to a new place every year if I could. ;) Good luck with the variance.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?