Sunday, December 06, 2009

Home. Again.

Hi there.

A lot has happened since Friday.

My contractor walked off the job on Friday leaving us in the lurch.

It's ok though. Actually it's kinda better than ok. We have had a lot of help from friends this weekend and the house is really moving along at breakneck speed for the first time in all of this mess.

And the environment over there has completely changed. Everyone is perfectly happy to be there. Smiling! Laughing! Not stressed and tense.

With Jack and my nephew running wild over there the house is really starting to feel and sound like a home.

So much so that coming home to the rental house no longer feels like home.

It feels like a little stop in the road here now instead of my bright, beautiful new house.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am, however, dead.ass.tired. We are working around the clock at this point in the program.

And I am visiting Lowe's an average of three times a day. (I will be happy to not go in there for a good 6 months when this is done I think.)

So, with any luck we will pass our occupancy inspection this week and we will be moving in next weekend.

Next weekend!

Wow.

If things go quiet here for a bit you will know we are knee deep in wrapping this up and moving out of this house into our new old house. (And there is the possibility I will be without internet for part of this move.)

I will be back with pictures as soon as I have a chance to do that.

P.S. If you would like to update our address shoot me an email, my mail forwarding should be starting immediately.

P.P.S. Happy anniversary to my husband. It wasn't our most exciting "anniversary" and we were without a single minute to ourselves, but I am pretty sure we have the wood part of the gift giving covered. (Hellllllllllllllo new kitchen!) LOL

12 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah I just spent a chunk of time 'catching up' with your house story and what a journey. I am so glad that it is starting to feel like your own home!! Take care over the next week and I can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that things seem to finally be falling into place for you. Also happy for you that you will be in your "new old home" for the holidays. Oh, and Happy Anniversary... I'm sure it is one that you won't forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes this week. It sounds absolutely insane and I can't wait to see pics of the new house chaos. Thinking of you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news - I hope it all continues to go more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I not much of a commenter, more of a lurker but I am so happy to see things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA! And happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh - it's hard to imagine a contractor walking OFF the job is a good thing, but the fact that things are better says a lot! It sounds as if you've passed that magical point where what you're moving to feels better than what you're leaving behind. It looks like such a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah....The light at the the end of the tunnel. I knew you would find it eventually!

    Happy Belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. am shocked that a contractor would walk off a job in this economy-what is he thinking! but it sounds like his going is a good thing as your post sounds high spirited!!! hope your inspection goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Holy, moly, I'm thinking this might be the best anniversary you have had yet, really. Great you are moving soon. Hope you can feel us all there helping you on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the light at the end of the tunnel is smiling at you! How about a little housewarming gift of some promised tree toppers? (new address?)

    grrrr to your contractor..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for your family! I hope you are in the process of your move very soon!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting little ole me in the midst of your chaos! It means so much!
    Happy Holidays Sarah!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?