Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to you

Hi there.

I miss you guys!

I foolishly thought that life was going to slow down, at least a little, once we were moved in. But we still have half a POD to unload and some construction to finish this week. (And a million other projects like painting a load of things, hanging blinds and chandeliers, sorting out doorknobs, etc.) Then the fun of decorating begins!

Having Jack has reminded me that in all the madness I need to squeeze in a little Christmas beauty.
An unexpected happy spot by the fireplace...
Christmas socks from Target taking the place of our stockings (who knows where those are!) on the unpainted fireplace and whatever sparkly odds and ends I had already unpacked...
Some red and green IKEA fun on our bed (that green velvet IKEA blanket is awesome and well worth the sorta expensive price tag)...
The new aluminum tree I found this summer is keeping the building permit company (I really need a new artifical tree stand, but Wal-Mart was already sold out of them. The metal tree stand is NOT holding it up well)...
I love how the tree became a fun wonderland of whatever I happened to find in boxes...
I made a gingerbread house with Jack...
which really meant Jack ate 9 lbs of icing while I stuck things hapazardly on a pre-made house...
Since my nest is feeling rather "unfluffed" I bought myself some roses. The picture doesn't really do them justice in the SUPER SUPER cute little sparkly glasses I thrifted at some point...
Jack was moaning a bit that the tree was the wrong color. I hadn't planned on getting a live tree this year, even though we always have one in the mix, so I made a last minute stop and bought one. I decorated it with whatever ornaments were left at Target, which happened to be sparkly snowflakes. A happy accident indeed...
and he INSISTED it have a star on top, so I had him make him with whatever we could find.

It is pretty sweet, isn't it?

So Happy Christmas to you all!

I hope to see you more regularly VERY soon. :-)

11 comments:

  1. Awww... Everything looks beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sarah. I hope you delight in your new/old home and make some more wonderful memories.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful, I can't believe how quuickly things are moving for you! Merry Christmas - enjoy your new home and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be good to have you back again. Merry Christmas. Enjoy that new house. It's lovely. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks lovely... I love Jack's star! Have a wonderful Christmas in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heres a wish that everything just falls into place for you and your sweet new abode. Also Wishing you a season of CoMfOrt & jOy!
    LiBBy BuTTons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate - we moved twice in November and it took sooooooooooo long to find anything. Of course the studio is not done still - or the guest room.

    I found your blog from a back-link about the bottle brush trees. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ~ Sherry
    http://pashnada.blogspot.com/
    http://studiopashnada.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a Merry Christmas in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The house looks wonderful! I can't imagine how exciting all this is for you (and tiring!) I can't wait to see more pictures!
    Happiest wishes for 2010 for you and your family Sarah!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing pretty well if you already have art on the walls! We've been moved in for almost four months and don't have one thing on our walls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is wonderful. It all looks peaceful, colorful and fun. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?