Oh boy, I have a LOT to fit in one post here, so hang onto your lederhosen.
1. Most importantly, my trusty assistant and I have chosen a button tree winner. Drumroll please.....the grand prize winner is Michaele !
Thank you SO much to everyone who entered. I sincerely appreciate those of you who also came to enter a contest and decided to look around and stay awhile. I hope you will continue to visit with us here. :-)
2. This is Jack's contribution to frugal Fridays, penguin bowling.
Isn't he a corker? This game cracks me up!
3. My contribution to frugal Friday: If you go quickly to Start Sampling you might still be able to get in on 24 free months of Parenting magazine. It's legit, it's where I got my country home subscription before country home died.
Speaking of dead magazines, today I discovered that the final issue of Hallmark magazine is the Feb issue on the stands now. That mag was really starting to come into it's own, and I am so bummed about this magazine carnage. Country Home, cottage living, O at home, Domino, CRAFT, Home Companion, Hallmark, Wondertime, the list seems to go on and on doesn't it?
4. Last Friday at school Jack reported he was "tackling" on the bean bag when he was poked in the eye by a little friend. When we picked him up, he was rubbing his eye a lot. After an after hours phone call to Children's Hospital and one "emergency" visit to the ped on Saturday morning, we discovered a fingernail shaped gouge in his cornea. Never mind how ticked off I was about the whole tackling thing (what are you doing teachers?!?!), I know that hurts, I have been there before myself. And it was only 7 days after the double ear infections.
So now we had to go to the ped's office on a Saturday morning when he only sees sick kids. I bet you can't guess what's going on over here again?
Oh right! Jack is sick again. Pffffffffffft.
5. My in laws are coming. In two rounds, only a day apart, 8 days from now. (Jack reminds me every day how much time I have left, lol). Did I mention my in laws are coming? LOL You all know that means I am about to go into insane woman mode, right?
I have two big projects I am hoping to get done in the coming week, but understandably blogging is going to be sparse here for a bit. Between the in law visits, a big consignment sale, a constantly sick kid, my own sinuses troubles that will not go away and my insane need to bleach everything we own to prepare, I am cutting it close.
In fact, I may need to revisit that need to take up drinking. :-)
See you soon!