Sunday, January 10, 2010

Like the good old days

Those of you who have been hanging out here awhile remember that we used to be "The Misadventures of Mama & Jack" before we became Makin' Projiks.

Oh boy did we have a little misadventure today.

I *just* got the kitchen all cleaned up and organized. The counters are sanded, the dishes are done, and I get the crazy idea Jack and I should make a gooey butter cake.

I wander off to the pantry (a seperate room! in this house) and leave Jack to turn on the mixer when I hear a sort of frantic "IT CAME OUT!" from the kitchen.

I rush back in there thinking a little sugar is on the counters...
and oh.my.word!
There is sugar on the cabinets, sugar on the counters, sugar in Jack's hair, sugar on his clothes, sugar on the step, sugar on the floor, sugar in the sink, sugar in every crack in the mixer, sugar! sugar! everywhere!

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

So much for that tidy kitchen dream. :-)

15 comments:

  1. He is too cute! And I think we need the recipe for gooey butter cake. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a kitchen without a little mess. I agree with Jessica. Bring on the recipe! Jack is too cute.

    PS. I went thrifting yesterday. My purchase totally reminds me of you. See blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got a good laugh! Or at least some cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!The new kitchen has officially been broken in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious -and yummy sounding. AND let me ogle your gorgeous cabinets & farmhouse sink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave it to a kid!!! I love your tile in your kitchen! I want to redo my master bath and use subway tile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. swooning over the glass knobs on your cabinets!

    I :heart: Gooey Butter Cake!

    Jack is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be impatient because I'm always turning mine on too high and shooting flour everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny!

    Love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that I went back and looked at your pictures again, I love that white subway title, that awesome white farm sink and that PINK mixer! I want your kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! That's too cute! And btw, your kitchen is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, isn't that suppose to happen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that a grin I see? LOL Is it all cleaned up now? Or do you think you'll be finding sugar in the odd places in the weeks to come?

    How's the sewing room coming? I've been stuck on mine for three years now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you were able to laugh! Your kitchen looks beautiful - I am green with envy over the subway tiles and farmhouse sink! And what better way to inaugurate the kitchen than with a sugar explosion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?