Friday, February 26, 2010

Making

It's been a really long time since I made anything other than my heart to heart valentines.

I am trying to ease myself back into being creative.
I've been working on Eggs for Shara's swap.

I think this might be a purple year for me after all.
And I finally made Jack a new place mat. He had a plastic one that was doing the job of protecting those wood countertops, but I threw it in the dishwasher and warped it. He said it was making him spill his milk so I tossed it.

After he got paint ALL over said countertops yesterday I kicked it into gear and made him a new placemat.

I had forgotten a few things. 1 - quilting takes a long freaking time! Even on a placemat. (There is quite a lot of quilting, but it's hard to see in my crappy photo). 2 - Playing with print and pattern in fabric is fun! And 3 - the shhhhhhhhh shhhhhh of the needle passing through fabric is cathartic.

Last, but not least, Jack choose a name for the heart to heart giveaway. Congratulations to WENDY!

9 comments:

  1. I love your glittery eggs. Such a pretty color. Emma's soon-to-be bedroom is a pale purple. Keep up the craftiness. You're such a good mom making a quilted placemat. I'm pulling out all kinds of Easter crafts this weekend. We've got a another snow storm here in MI and I need spring NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo, purple glittered eggs! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the placemat! I can imagine an aqua bowl of cherries sitting on it. That would be adorable!

    Hope your healing well, emotionally and physically. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog header and lavender background. I think this is a sign that more of this color needs to come into your house. Bring on lovely luscious lavender!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Making Sarah. Love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eggs are really pretty! I might have to rethink my glitter idea! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna make YUM place mats...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really wanted to use some glitter lately - I think you may be rubbing off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?