Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going Dotty


When Dave and I were watching the Olympics last month, I decided to get out my pile of 5 inch fabric squares* and see what I could make with them. I pulled out a big pile of the polka dot fabrics and set them aside to make a new couch pillow.

It took me awhile to get to it, and it is not at all where I originally set out to go with it, but I really do love the new pillow. (This is much simpler than what I had set out to do, but once I had the fabric laid it out it was screaming to be simple squares.)
Jack likes that it says bubbly on it.
It looks pretty sweet on the pink Ektorp slipcover also. :-)

I am still working on hanging new curtains, adding more pictures to the walls, etc. It's amazing how things like new couch pillows can help this house go from "boy it feels weird to live here" to "ahhhhhhh, much more like home."

And Dave is out of town AGAIN this week and Jack is already acting like something out of where the wild things are. It might be a long week.

* I am still getting miles and miles of use out of that fabric swap. In fact, I have another couch pillow in the works from them. I keep thinking we need to do another one of those swaps, but holy moly it's a lot of work. If you are new to Makin' Projiks it is probably worth looking at the 5 inch square fabric swap label at the end of this post to see just how much stuff you can make with a pile of small pieces of fabric!

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty pillow. I wish I could sew. As much as I love to craft, I didn't inherit that gene. Have fun this week with your "wild one"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! makes me want to re do mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pillow Sarah -- love that bubbly bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it on the pink slipcover! Sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh lala, I love it. I'm trying to make a chicken shirt today wish me luck..your pillow blows me away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow is cute. But, when I read the title, I thought it said, Going Potty. I think I need glasses. Oh wait, I already have them.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. love, love, love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bubbly! How cute. I love all the different colors. Well done!


    Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillow is so fabulous!!!! Love the colors, style and the word on it! It really does make a house a home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cute! I have a pile of 5 inch squares I cut from some yellow fabric I got on clearance and a bunch of vintage sheet fat quarters. Now I am trying to decide, rag quilt cause it looks easy, or try my hand at a regular one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! My sofa could use some Spring sprucing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?