Friday, March 19, 2010

Still painting

The "paint everything that isn't standing still" spree continues, including finally getting some paint on some of the house remodeling type stuff!
The fireplace went from half finished
to all the way white
with a little rosette thing on it.
I was going to paint the back of the peninsula white, since everything in the kitchen and dining room is white
but out of nowhere I decided to paint it blue. It's lovely blue. It makes the whole kitchen feel more cottagey and less stark. (Even if this isn't a great photo because there is stuff all over the counters from my projects. LOL)
I also finished another pillow with the 5 inch squares. This one tried to kill me. Seriously.
It was supposed to be an 8 point star, but despite sewing VERY carefully, ironing the heck out of everything, cutting and recutting, sewing and seam ripping I could not make it work that way. So I made it a 9 pointed star. And it doesn't come together right in the middle. Whatever. Life isn't perfect. And it still pretties up the living room sofa.
Yesterday I took a break from painting and Jack and I went to the park. We can actually walk to a playground from our house. Woooohooo! Since the sun was so bright we played with some shadow photos of us together.
And today I am playing the princess and the pea with vintage quilts.

Just kidding. I am painting the quilt cabinet. Pink. I can't wait to see it finished.

Happy Friday to you!

13 comments:

  1. OH,I love the white mantle , and the blue on the Island makes the white pop in the rest of your kitchen, a pink quilt cabinet and a walk in the park, BLISS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo pink! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love your fireplace! so when do you do all this painting? i have trouble with my helper wanting to get into/do everything, too. and the blue in the kitchen looks great - what a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The blue on the cabinet is perfect! What a great way to break up all of the white :) I agree it is so cottagey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the blue on the island was a great choice, and it's the most perfect blue too! Would you be willing to share the names of the colors that you're using in the house? Especially the yellow color? I can't wait to see the quilt cabinet go pink!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are certainly the queen of painting! I love the white fireplace and the blue island. You really have a great sense of color. Your home is just charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great! I love the tile work against the white on the fireplace and I LOVE the ducks egg table from the previous post. My walls are that same color! Though I mix red with mine I am quite envious of your cottage look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the blue too.

    If you are worried about how the points meet on the pillow, make a yo-yo and sew it on. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow it all looks fabulous. The blue on the kitchen counter looks amazing. You have been so busy creating a gorgeous home
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely! The white fireplace really works. And I LOVE the picture over the mantle. Where is it from? LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mantle looks awesome, as does everything else. You'e been busy! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That aqua blue on the kitchen cabinets is BEAUTIFUL. Just enough splash of color to add to the beautiful white. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt cabinet is simply precious!!! We all want one of those.

    Love the island and the colors you are using..............it just makes me want to come and visit!!!!

    Can you give us a heads-up on where you bought the speckled eggs????

    What a breath of fresh air your home is. A simple delightful HAVEN! Thanks for always sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?