Monday, April 26, 2010

For hire

Seamstress available for hire. Can hem anything, including curtains. Cheap rates.
See photo for details:
LOL
In all seriousness, I actually hate hemming curtains. It's hard!

But after trying and debating all the existing "options" for covering up the french doors, it seems like hemming curtains is the only way to go for me.

First I tried those magnetic roller blinds. They were total junk. And ugly.

Then I debated the usual french door standard - curtain rods at top and bottom with curtains gathered in the middle. Eh. Totally not me.

Mini blinds? Nooooooooo.

Patterned window vinyl? Maybe, but you can't look out and watch the rain/snow/kids/etc.
So I just used store bought curtains. Made them shorter. Changed the rod pockets so there was a little ruffle at the top.
And voila! french door coverings that are much more speed and style.

On a side note, I finished painting the french doors blue and it's love. The blue is awesome. Nice spur of the moment decision I made there. :-)

Perhaps my want ad should read:
For hire

Painter available. Will paint anything and everything. No job too big or too small. Truly passionate about paint and color! See photos for details.

7 comments:

  1. I love the blue doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your so funny, sorry I can't sew but I'll share my Mom who can!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blue doors are gorgeous! And thanks for the offer, but I already know how to hem my curtains like that! And make quilts like that. And cut boards like that. Even though I measure twice and cut once, everything always ends up uneven for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doors look great in blue and the curtains are perfect!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at this post. I just made curtains for my grandson's room. It's just straight stitching, how hard can it be? I could not for the life of me get the two panels the same length. Fortunately one was more than enough to cover the window nicely (apparently I can't measure either!). Love the blue doors... you are so good with color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so funny -- gotta love anyone who loves to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah -
    Those doors look amazing! What color blue is that? I might just have to think of something I can paint that color.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?