Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Jack catches a fish!

Jack has been DYING to go fishing already this year. It's been 90 degrees for nearly 2 weeks now, so I figured it was a good time to go visit my dad in the country to collect some doorknobs from a house he is demo'ing AND do some fishing!
My dad knows a nice secluded lake that is loaded with fish, he was positive Jack would be able to catch a fish there.
Within minutes of dropping poles in the water we were reeling in blue gill like crazy.
A fish! His first catch. (He REALLY, REALLY wanted to catch sardines though, lol.)
Thank you grandpa!

A few other things I have been wanting to note for awhile:
* Jack cracks me up right now, he is saying the funniest things like "I don't mean to complain but...(there is a fly in my room, the cat is outside)".
* He LOVES Max & Ruby. There is an episode where they play beauty shop and when Ruby puts a wig on Max Jack will yell out "BON JOVI!" and he does look a little like Bon Jovi.
* I didn't really have time to mention this in the midst of it all, but he handled moving very well. No upset in sleeping or otherwise being crazy. I was really proud of him for that.

I am off to pick up a new chandelier off craigslist I hope, Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Jack's a really cool kid. Glad you are writing all this down so you can remember it and he can see it when he gets older. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Jack!!!! I thought about you guys fishing and was hoping he'd get a fish or two. We have a creek that runs through our city, and part of it runs the back of a nice park/walking trail. My son(almost 17) has been fishing there for a few years now whenever I go walk or we have our homeschool park days. He went yesterday and caught his first fish of the season.

    Can't wait to see the doorknobs and light!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez that kid is getting big fast! And what a great kid he is too. I bet he'll treasure those pictures and memories of fishing with Grandpa forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day fishing - can't believe you have weather that warm! Hope the chandelier was what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome - the fishing and the weather (send some of that warmth my way, please)! I'm glad Jack had a good experience fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Glad the move went well Jack-wise. He's no fool! The new house is awesome! Just goes to show it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so nice to see you and your dad taking him fishing,the memories you made..priceless

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! My kids have never been fishing :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?