Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On the line

On Friday Dave and I are heading out of town to What Cheer Iowa for the What Cheer flea market. Exciting! That flea has been on my "want to do" list for several years now.

Perhaps I had better post the photos of a great garage sale weekend that is now several weeks gone before I go to Iowa and buy new stuff, huh?

I picked up a load of new linens:
A pair of these wonderful brown and blue feedsacks that were used as kitchen curtains without being cut.
A lovely linen and lace table runner.
A fantastic tablecloth that the woman holding the garage sale gave me for *free*!
And the sweetest vintage baby quilt. My photo here is really not doing it justice.
Look at those little lambs!

I'll be back with the rest of the quilts.

Oh yes. The rest.

11 comments:

  1. Have fin in Iowa my father is from there, and what great finds..
    the only thing about Iowa I don't like is they make there coffee so weak I can see the bottom of my cup... have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spelled fun, fin I think I need coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tablecloth is the very first one I ever found, plus I found a set of curtains to match. It started my whole "sickness"!

    Have fun! And, be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time in Iowa. I hope you have wonderful weather. Our MI outdoor flea market stank BIG time last Sunday because of horrible rain/wind, but we managed to find a few goodies. I'm sure you'll have all kinds of things to share with your loyal readers. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'd love to get to see your collection in person some day. :) Can't wait to see the quilts AND the fun flea finds! I wish Luis liked to go to those places, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the town is called What Cheer! How could a trip there not be fun?

    I have that same tablecloth. Looks great for 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The REST of the quilts? So your quilt luck continues! That tablecloth made me a trifle giddy. It's so perfect for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will have to tell me how the show in What Cheer is like - I am headed that direction in October and am thinking about coming out a tad early to hit the October show. Home you have an awesome time and find great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most amazing luck! Seriously, every time you show your latest finds, I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy the market seeing as you have been wanting to go for so long.
    Love your garage sale finds especially the table runner
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that tablecloth (free???) and thinking that you cannot go wrong with anything named What Cheer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?