Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thank you Craig

Thank you Craig, whoever you are, for your "list" occasionally yields a brilliant treasure for our new house.
Like these beautiful concrete urns, times three! for 10 bucks each.
They are gloriously shabby and awaiting some pretty flowers on the front porch.

(Just one of the many yard sale treasures I took pictures of yesterday.)
I am seriously struggling with what to put on the foyer table now that the feather tree is down until Halloween.

I don't want to spend any money (other than a thing or two I might find in a thrift), because for 6 months out of the year there is a holiday tree there.

But I feel like whatever I put there needs to be tallish. And "solid" somehow.

I tried the cloches on cake plates (they have no other current home and were in the closet), but the glass + mirrors = meh. "Vignettes" are so not my speciality. I kind of prefer the "I plopped there and I loved it there, so there it stayed" style of decorating, but that is taking too long. LOL

I am fairly confident I have at least one of everything you might come up with for ideas, so lay them on me! What on earth should I put on that table?

16 comments:

  1. What about those lovely antique pottery vases? Are those too valuable/breakable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent finds lately! Flowers? In a pot or a vase? (Real ones. Not silk. But you knew that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, Mr. Craig was very kind to you - those urns are awesome. I like the cloches you have out - I have some with a couple of old doll house chairs in them. Old dog figurines? Fill the cloches up with Christmas ornaments all in one color? Old clocks? Am sure you will get the brainstorm soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice urns!

    Check out the yoyo tree on my blog. Something like that (you could make it taller) might fill the space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new pots and for $10, My word you find the deals.

    your table is so sweet and you don't need help you are an amazing decorator...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a tall vase of budding branches for now, and then fresh flowers for a spot of color. of course, then you have to change them every week or so, but the color would be fun there, i think. they would also soften up the metallic of the mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty!! what about a topiary? either the ribbon variety (http://frauleinh.blogspot.com/2006/09/ribbon-topiary.html) in spring colors or the real thing...do they sell real topiaries that small?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why not put your feather tree back out and decorate it in red, white, and blue? May (Memorial Day), June (Flag Day), and July (Independence Day)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Pussy willow" branches made with felt balls (or some other kind of "buds"--I'm sure you'd have a great idea. See t his link at Betz White's site:
    http://blog.betzwhite.com/2010/03/pussy-willow-rainbow.html
    Bring in something some soft and organic to contrast the hard, shiny mirrors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps--read the comments on that pussy willow post--people had some neat ideas for variations

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those urns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would put a branch tree and hang seasonal things from it...shells etc for summer. Kind of like those branches that german's hang with seasonal decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have some sort of outdoor chippy lawn figurine?? I LOVE the look of the chippy angels (for example) sitting on a dresser or table! Good luck!
    P.S. Great Urns!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a big plant and some candles and an old clock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Can you believe I've never bought a darn thing from Craigey? It's almost a mortal sin to admit that on a blog, I think... I am always in awe over what everyone else finds. Maybe it's time to give him a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome score. I dont have much luck finding things on there, but thats where I found my hutch/china cabinet/whatever.

    No suggestions, I'm not the best with that stuff either. Some vintage books & fan?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?