Friday, April 23, 2010

Upping the cute factor

I bought this big armoire thing at IKEA last Thanksgiving when we bought our kitchen cabinets. It certainly does it's job well (holding the printer, paper and Jack's craft stuff), but a big white piece of furniture in that white office? Blah.
And since I am ALL about "sweet" things right now, I wanted to sweeten it up.
Add some SUPER cute vintage contact paper to the doors, switch the knobs for glass, and it is definitely much cuter.

(Never mind the messes all around it, that room is my thorn, remember? It's clearly still in progress.)

I would love to change the drawer hardware for glass too, but the handle IKEA has fitted it with is so tiny that nothing else but that handle will fit. Maybe I need to spray paint it.
Look at that contact paper!

Never underestimate cute contact paper. Even if you haven't used it since your mother made you help with it in the 70's or 80's. :-)

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I just love that contact paper. I'm starting to collect strawberry stuff for my eventual summer decorating. That is just too sweet. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet! There is an IKEA near me--I've only been in it once and then I only had about 20 minutes. Anyway, seeing all of your great finds from there makes me want to go in the worst way--probably not a good idea. Love what you did with the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that contact paper! I want that in fabric!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?