Friday, May 21, 2010

Too distracted for post titles

As you can imagine, I am a wreck over here. The nerves, the anxiety, the waiting, the sleeplessness - it's all starting to really get to me. I feel no need to puke, which worries me. And an ultrasound on June 1st seems like so many miles away right now...please let the time pass more quickly than this!

Anyway. I didn't mean to go silent here, but I just cannot function right now. Here are a few things I have been meaning to blog about.
I bought this chandelier at the Habitat for Humanity restore. I have been checking there for chandeliers with zero success until my birthday weekend. As luck would have it, this might be one of my favorite chandeliers!
I painted it white, of course, and now it resides in the master bathroom.

To update the tally:
Current chandelier count = 14
Bare lightbulbs remaining = 4
Chandeliers awaiting paint on the kitchen counter = 1

I also bought myself this white stool for that bathroom on my birthday. I really needed a place to set a shampoo bottle while I am in the clawfoot tub.
Way back this winter I was trying to decide what to do with this bookshelf.
I painted it (and added glass pulls to the doors) and then did a furniture switch-a-roo and moved it into the sewing room.

I have been working every day at cleaning up the resulting mess in there from moving around all the furniture again. It's still cluttery, but at least I can walk in there again.
I did go ahead and paint the inside pink, and I am glad I did. (The outside is just a creamier, and now cleaner, white.)

Love it.

Last, but not least, Jack picked a quilt winner and he choose Heidi of Spiritual Knitter ! Congratulations Heidi.

6 comments:

  1. I love your make-over projects. You do such nice work. You are so good at making everything so charming looking. Please know that I'm thinking of you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! I haven't won anything in a long time. You're so sweet.

    June 1 is so close. I"m still praying for you for great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of good thoughts and wishes!! And hope the time passes quickly with happy projects. I LOVE the chandelier. And I have 0. I need at least one, I think, after reading your blog for so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the bookcase, and it looks a lot better. I really like the jars and carrier you have on it. I know how freaked out you must be. Hopefully time will go a little faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to see all your paint jobs! you do nice work! & a lot of it!
    we are still praying for you here! you will make it to june 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.
    June 1st is so close.
    Sending positive thougts and love your way
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?