Monday, May 10, 2010
A trip to the ped
Jack has a very small cough that turned into a very big cough over the weekend. So off we went to the ped at 8 30 this morning. The ped heard him wheezing in his chest and decided he needed not only a breathing treatment, but a chest x-ray. (For the record, Jack doesn't really have any allergy or asthma issues. He is the healthiest kid I have ever met. I am more than a bit baffled by this asthma talk, but it was a BAD allergy season here.)
Upon hearing he had to have an x-ray, his eyes got all wide and he said to me, "Mom. I have been swallowing my gum."
LOLOLOLOL I am sure he remembers the battery swallowing incident and he must have decided I was going to be able to see all the gum he had swallowed in his belly on the x-ray.
(And of course I had given him my best motherly lecture on never, ever, ever swallowing gum when I allowed him to start chewing gum around Christmas time. For the record, I came clean when I saw he was a bit scared about having swallowed gum and told him it was really no big deal.)
*He has taken to wearing his Dandy as a cape. When worn with his crown and his light saber he is "the king". And we must all obey. Ha. Kids. 5 is a great age.