Thursday, May 06, 2010

What Cheer Iowa Flea Market - Part 2

So, shall we move on to what I *did* buy?

Dave and I trudged around that mud for 3 1/2 hours and I think we still only saw about 75% of the flea market. After 3 1/2 hours I had to use a bathroom (other than a port-a-potty please! which meant a 30 minute car ride) and frankly I was getting "stuffed" out. It felt like we had already bought.so.much.stuff.

(Of course, now I cannot wait to go back. Ha.)

For the record, I did NOT set out to buy pottery. I have a ton of pottery! More than I know what to do with! But when the pots are $1 each? Sigh, they are coming home with me.





This looks like an ordinary kitchen canister...
Argggggggggggh! It still has an oatmeal label on it. Why doesn't my oatmeal come in a cheery container like this instead of something that is just trash? (THAT's where the green movement needs to take us.)
I swear that Shara made me buy this ruler. She did. (Really I cannot find the front door wreaths in the boxes that are unpacked in the basement and it made an easy front door decoration, even if one leg is broken.)
I had *just* looked for this set of canisters on Ebay last week. Dave seemed surprised by that. I think I am entering a gingham/plaid/checkered phase. Look out world.
I am telling you, most of the pottery was just too damn cheap. Yellow pots are somewhat hard to come by too.

Well then. That's only half of it. The other half comes tomorrow. :-)

15 comments:

  1. Wow quite a haul , you did great! ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pottery you found! I have a weakness for vintage pastel pottery!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over those Gingham canisters...love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those prices are to die for!! Of course all that stuff needed to come home with you!!

    PS. I'm loving your peonies blog header. Your definitely a few weeks ahead of us with your weather. I can't wait for our plants to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact same canisters! ( I DID get them on ebay...years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Oh my gosh. We just do not have that kind of stuff in New England. We have good stuff, but not that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The third vase? The one with the flower? And the handles? I need one of them. Eager to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is making me rethink the What Cheer sale...I will have a truck to fill...this is looking mighty enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops. Sorry. But, those rulers are great! I just gathered all mine up the other day and was surprised at how many I have - ten, I think. I paid $1.00 or less for each of them. Somewhere in blogland is a way to make a crown out of them. And, I saw one used as a photo holder the other day.

    *And that pottery? *Swoon* I bought a car load today - I still have to unpack it all. Garage sale season is in full force, but it was 94 today and already getting too darn hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one of those apple cans. So cool to know what it was back in the day. I totally agree! That is where the green movement needs to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pottery! The canisters are really cute, too. I agree, items should come packaged like they used to, in REAL reusable containers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! love love love it all! the yellow pottery is yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you did so well. I actually talked myself out of going to What Cheer. It's only about an hour from my house. I've just been overrun with household stuff and kid activities...I need to veg!

    I'm so jealous you have a hubby that enjoys these things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that exact apple canister. I also don't set out to buy pottery, but it just happens...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Wish we had flea markets like that here in Ireland. I've never seen loot as good a value as yours. Enjoy, they are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?