Monday, May 03, 2010

Yellow is my signature color

We are back from our big Iowa adventure. And since I decided to clean out the garage at 9 pm last night and will be spending the entire day today fielding people from Craigslist who are here for our "inventory reduction sale" (aka, take everything in my garage, NOW, for free please), I thought I would post a quilt I bought a few weeks ago at the flea.
A beautiful pale yellow signature quilt.
The blocks all are in 1930's fabrics and some of the names are the best part!

I love that this friend used two colors for her blocks.
Sweet, isn't it?

Iowa was interesting. The flea at What Cheer was awesome, I bought a metric ton of stuff. (And of course, am regretting a few things left behind. WHY do I still do that?!?!) I was REALLY feeling unsure about that flea the day before we went when I saw what the towns up there looked like.

But I was wrong.

The people there are very friendly and the flea itself was really quiet in terms of shoppers. (Our local flea market is like blood in the water on shark feeding day, totally competitive, intense and people there are not happy at all.) Prices were all over the map, from "I can't believe this is so cheap" to "are you crazy?"

If you are thinking of going, totally do it. I am sure we will be going back! (And I am happy to offer suggestions on where to sleep, eat, etc via email.)

I will be back soon to show you some of my treasures.

As soon as I get rid of the "treasures" in the garage.

Oy.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked Iowa!
    It sounds like it was relaxed shopping! How were the Prices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh, to have good flea markets & estate sales in my area. Our flea consists of "new" junk from china.
    sighhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great signature quilt...I love how the fabrics are so soft-clearly a well loved quilt!

    I'm in the same boat as D...our "flea" markets are all new China junk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your treasurers. You always find the best stuff. I just posted some treasurers from the antique market I attended a week ago. I can't wait to go back the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah -- that quilt is gorgeous. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quilt!

    I finally got the nerve to start one myself! Only the top done so far. I posted a pic on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that quilt is just amazing!

    Good luck with your garage clean out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Iowa.

    Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?