Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back from the doctor, again

This week has had it's share of ridiculous moments. It started with being utterly dumbfounded when the previous OB's office called after receiving the request to transfer my records to DEMAND payment on a bill that hasn't even been billed yet. (WTH?)

Oh yea, and to ask just what my issue with their office was.

Sigh. Do they really want to go there with me right now?

Anyway, I trotted myself off to the OB again today and waited almost 2 hours* (under a paper towel, I might add, lol) to find good news.

My hemorrhage that was several times as big as the baby last week has receded a LOT. It is now only about half as big as the baby. (A baby which was waving it's little arms at me today. Amazing that you can feel not at all pregnant, not look pregnant and have a little being in there with arms and legs and fingers and the whole 9 yards.)

This is truly wonderful news. And it means that I no longer have "threatened abortion" scrawled on the front page of my chart.

Off the red list! (But still on house arrest.)

Woooofreakinghoooo.

Of course, there is *still* a hemorrhage, but it's much less worrisome and I can wait two whole weeks before going to the doctor again.

Two weeks.

Whoa.

For the first time since seeing that tiny flickering heart I have hope that there is going to be a baby at the end of this road.

I really, really want to thank all of you for your prayers and good thoughts. I truly believe that your holding the baby and I in the light are helping us get through this. Please continue to do so?

* I don't care how long I have to wait really. If *I* were the patient with an emergency I would want everyone else to wait. And Lord knows, *I* have been the problem more often than not. Problems with babies and pregnant women wait for no one. I do, however, feel a little weird sitting around naked for hours in an office. Nothing like reading People magazine while wearing a paper towel. LOLOLOL

20 comments:

  1. Such good news!

    I remember begging for my socks back because I was freezing under that damn paper "robe". My blood pressure was high, so they would make me lay there for thirty minutes in the dark naked. Why, oh why couldn't I have my clothes on? They have your blood pressure on your arm, not up your you-know-hoo.


    Go, baby, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!
    SO excited for you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! He is so good!!!! And yes it's amazing to see that little baby bean waving his/her arms & just thriving really. Such good news! Continuing to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news! Sorry I have been out of internet access for over a week, but I have continued to be thinking of you. I hope that things just keep getting better and better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear this. Was thinking about you earlier today. Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear! Keep thinking happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Under a paper towel and the darn AC blowing full force too!

    Praying for a healthy baby and mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good news! I hold my breath every time I see a new post from you in my reader. I will definitely keep praying for you and your little one. And please, learn how to knit already!! :) It makes those long dr. waits tolerable and is the only way to survive house arrest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That IS truly wonderful news! And if I have any questions about celebrity news, I know I can come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. big sigh of relief here...sounds like good news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such great news!! Continued prayers for you and baby "tuff-stuff"

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that is such wonderful news! Love the paper towel! ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOOD news! YAY!!!!!

    I hear ya on the paper towel issue. I was going in a lot with my second and i kid you not, i was really into a knitting project and i sat right there on the table with paper towel and knitting going on. The doctor started laughing. I hate waiting like that. Made the time go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful news!! I've been enjoying your blog for quite some time but I don't think I've ever commented. Although I don't know you personally I've been praying for you and the little life you are carrying. I've been returning to your blog in hopes there is good news. Thankfully there was today for you! Continuing to send good thoughts your way! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woooofreakinghoooo......says it all.
    I am so excited for you.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your doing so well with all this stress! how's Jack doing? I bet he's so excited to be a big brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wanted to know that you have another person praying for you and your family.....thinking of you a lot and praying too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best wishes for the new one. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?