Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas in July

On Sunday we had our annual Christmas in July celebration. Dave and I have been doing this for 10+ years now and we always manage to pull off a little something no matter how crazy things are.
This year I let Jack pick what kind of tree we were going to have. He said birds and butterflies, so birds and butterflies it is.
I just stuck on some dollar tree craft birds, some tissue poofs I had made years ago, and some butterflies that Jack tried to make into a garland earlier this spring. (Sadly he ended up with clusters of butterflies of opposite ends of the ribbon and about 10 feet of empty space in the middle, lol.)
Then I strung together some pearls to make a garland and voila! Christmas in July.
We usually give each other a few small gifts, but this year (DROWNING in medical bills) we just gave Jack a few things.
It keeps him entertained to have a few new things in the hottest part of the summer.

*My* present was getting Dave to rearrange the living room. And then part of the kitchen. And then Jack's room. And new living room curtains. I will show you photos hopefully later this week, when I get Dave to rehang all the pictures on the walls!

Merry Christmas in July (a little late) to you!

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tradition! Love the tree and can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 AM

    What a lovely tradition! The butterflies and birds are a fantastic idea (and for someone who hates christmas, I could maybe deal with one like that).
    Hope all are well and look forward to the "new" livingroom pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas in July Hahaha! What a fun tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a happy new year, too - this is such a great tradition. (And Jack is getting very tall, it seems to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to celebrate Jesus's half birthday!

    Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your little man is getting tall! What a sweet tradition...glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! What a beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cute! What a great celebration for your family. It sounds like a great way to break up a little summer boredom! Thanks for continue to inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! Jack's head is going to be chock full of happy memories when he grows up! Love the tree, in front of your vintage mirrors. And thanks for the paint advice. I've still got your list of paint colors saved, so it's only a matter of making a choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is just beautiful! I'm hoping that when I finally get to redecorate my craft room that I can keep my tree out all the time. :) Oh amd love your cheddar quilt, too!

    LOL, the word verification is Blabstrap. Do you think that's like a gag? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?