Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gratitude

I have long been an admirer of Martha's work. She can take forgotten little pieces of old quilts and make them into the most wonderful things.

So when she offered to send me a baby quilt kit to work on, I couldn't say no, could I?

I am so glad I overcame my superstitions and said yes! Look at the beautiful package she sent me:
She sent everything* I need to put together a baby Aster quilt for the new baby. (And I might add that everything she sent is "perfect" - cut perfectly, ironed perfectly and goes together very, very easily. Unlike my own often shoddy work. LOL)

Just look at some of those beautiful vintage fabrics! Wonderful I tell you.
I've been taking my time putting it together. I want it to really come together nicely in order to honor the care she took in getting it together for us.
Here are her sample blocks, truly spectacular. :-) (Never mind my crooked photos. 14 weeks and STILL gagging. Oy.)

Thank you so very much Martha. Your kindness when I was feeling particularly down was much needed and I am sure we are going to enjoy it for many generations to come.
And a just because photo. Jack wanted to buy this basket of apples at a garage sale, so I said yes. It's been on the porch. I think he is using the sticks to make an apple pie.

*You can see a photo of the complete kit on her blog. Me + camera = not such great friends right this second. Off to take more medicine before I have to make friends with the trash can. Ha.

7 comments:

  1. I'm pleased you liked the little quilt kit, and I am so happy for you and your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully generous gift. It's going to be super cute -- can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt kit! And if I may make a suggestion, ask your dr about hyperemesis. I had it with my second pregnancy and ended up taking Zofran for 8 months. It really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics and what a wonderful quilt it will make.

    Off subject but, I am almost certain I am going to What Cheer. I may regret it, but I think hubby will go too. He doesn't give a wink about vintage, so he gets bored pretty quickly, but I want the company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt kit Martha put together for you. It's so sweet..just like her. :)
    Congrats on your new addition to the family. Hopefully, the nausea is done and you can get on with the joy of having new life growing inside you. It's pretty special isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! this quilt is so lovely! Lucky you to have your hands on all those wonderful bits of fabric. I know you will feel so great having it all come together!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?