Friday, July 09, 2010

Paroled

Why hello there.

It's been awhile.

I've been just trying to make it through the last 10 days. Nose to the grindstone and all that.

I had two important appointments this week and I was desperately trying to focus on getting past them.

Yesterday at the OB's office I found out that my hemorrhage has totally resolved. So I am off the progesterone, and, more importantly, off the house arrest. Paroled! (And more importantly, after six VERY long weeks, the bleeding has stopped.)

Today I had my first trimester screening at the hospital and I told myself that once it was over and everything I was fine I was going to finally admit that I am indeed "pregnant".

They saw nothing alarming, and sent us home with our first photos.

So, we've told Jack he is going to be a brother.

And I am going to spend some time getting used to the idea that we are going to have another sweet baby. (God willing and the creek don't rise.)

Want to have a little peek at the wee one? (Baby is 12 weeks 5 days, we are so close to the second trimester I can almost smell it.)
Miraculous.

I am feeling extremely hormonal (read: emotional) lately, so, I better get off before I start to cry.

Back very soon with a lovely gift that arrived in the mail in the middle of all this. :-)

27 comments:

  1. I've been worried and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you are nearly off from house arrest. How soon before you can start thrifting and hitting those garage sales? I've been missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your going to make me cry...I'm so happy for your little growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so hoping that no news was good news! Jack is going to make a great older brother for the wee one. I hope you can safely get back to some thrifting real soon. I haven't seen a quilt in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could get a little misty-eyed looking at that little bean, too. So glad you've been paroled - make sure you behave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YaY!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for you!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah that is so wonderful. Sometimes when I see your blog on my google reader I am a little scared to open it up in case.. well you know what I mean.
    I am just so, so happy for you.
    2nd trimester here you come
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy for you! If anyone deserves to be allowed to cry it's you! Go wnjoy those pregnancy hormones now they are doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news! I have to admit I was a tiny bit worried since we had not heard from you in a while, but everything's good, and it's nice to see a photo of the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful news! Will keep good thoughts for you and your wee one. Jack must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooo happy right now Sarah! Thank God! Now I can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl. You are so lucky to have Jack to help the baby learn everything a kid needs to know. Congratulations! (especially about the progesterone. What a pain in the neck those shots were!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! So happy for you! Keep taking it easy though...for a bit. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY GOSH!!! Thank goodness! I have been checking everyday & praying! I'm so thankful all is well. The ultrasound is so precious! We will continue to pray for continued health & growth with the sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeeeek -- it's a baby! How wonderful. I can't believe it's only been 12 weeks though Sarah -- it feels like it should be at least 20 for all you've been through already! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is wonderful news! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful news!!!! Congrats!!! I've been praying for you and checking your blog hoping to read some good news. You deserve it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just so happy and thrilled for you and yours. I'm just gonna walk away from here with a big smile on my face.....:D

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. such good news and such a cute picture! i am sure jack is going to be very excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Yay! Skipping round the house Yay!
    Take it easy and I hope the morning sickness goes away soon! NOT FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praise the LORD!!!! So happy to hear all your news. I knew you were a tough girl!
    Now we can exhale.....................

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not hormonal, but this made me cry! I'm so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great & wonderful news! So happy to hear that you & your little one are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hallelujah!!! Baby tuff-stuff is looking wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so very glad for you! and am amazed at your strength of spirit! This is great news.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?