Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can you blame me?

I stopped at a yard sale a few houses away from our house around 1 pm on Saturday. Late! And yet, there it was, an aluminum tree, in it's box, sitting on the driveway.

For $25.
So I bought it. Never mind that I already have one and didn't need another. I looked for one of those babies for so long and could never find one I could afford!

Can you blame me?
I also recently bought this KD vintage repro cotton chick.
Some 1980's era valentines.

And a handful of ornaments.

Now, if I could just find my sewing mojo.

I have a HUGE pile of sewing projects I really need to get done.

But I am so tired. And so ready for fall.

And itching to decorate for Halloween. (!!!)

P.S. Thanks for the baby love. I really, really thought I was dying for a girl, but when the OB said he was 80% sure she was a girl I was more shocked than anything. I was pretty sure we were going to have another little redheaded boy. :-)

Now that I am warming up to the idea I am DREAMING of a mini quilt wall in her room, a la Hillary . I wish vintage doll quilts were easier to find! (Or that I had that sewing mojo. 20 little quilts is a lot of sewing.) :-)

9 comments:

  1. At $25 you couldn't just leave that tree there. One day you wil need it.
    Happy to hear all is well with you
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, just in case a bunch of little elves are listening(reading), what color scheme would you want those mini quilts in?

    And one can never have too many Christmas trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way you could have passed on the tree, if all else fails re-sale on E-bay. Great find! oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an adorable handmade, pretty sure it is vintage, baby blanket. Pale pinks and a few blue squares scattered throughout that I was trying to use in Marjorie's room for cute decoration but my girl is a hurricane in action so the quilt keeps ending up on the floor. If you want I can send it to you for your baby girl. I would love to see if used by someone who will appreciate it since Hurricane Marj is a tom-boy and could care less.
    shannadotlaubeandersonatgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi7:43 AM

    My crafting mojo must be lost with yours somewhere! And the thought of you having a baby girl warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your previous post, and that ultrasound photo brought tears to my eyes. A girl! I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you!
    I think that tree needed to come home with you. Who says that one aluminum tree is enough? You had to buy it, because you bought those ornaments, and where in the heck were you going to put those, if not on that tree?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nope, can not blame you, it is all fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all your thrifting finds. I've missed that. Your silver tree is awesome. No way could you pass that up. I can't wait to see what you come up with for decorating the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never have too many tinsel trees.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?