Friday, August 27, 2010

Just some stuff

ARGH! Blogger just ate my post.
Way back before we moved I bought a box of quilt pieces from another blogger. When I saw this piece in her photos I knew it had to be mine.

Except when it arrived this piece was HUGE and I had no clue what to do with it.

It took me several months of thrift store stalking to find a big enough frame (I swear it is 4 feet tall). Then when I was on bedrest Dave painted a piece of beadboard for the back and I hotglued the quilt piece in it.

It now FINALLY has a home above the sofa.

Love it.
This morning I bought Martha's new Halloween mag in Costco.

I REALLY want to make these owls for the front door.

After kindergarten today Jack and I are going to buy Miss Thing her very own "dandy". (A.K.A. Security blanket). When I asked him if he wanted to pick it out he said sure, then followed it with:

"I don't think she will want yellow (the color of his dandy), I think she'll want pink."

The dandy was the very first thing I bought for Jack, so it's kind of a special day around here. :-) (No matter what color he chooses. I am kind of leaning towards green.)

6 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. Sadie bought Helena her own "Creamy"...a version of Sadie's beloved, a little stuffed animal attached to a satiny blanket.

    But Helena never really liked it. Her special thing is very soft blue fleece blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very sweet. I bought some vintage baby stuff today and thought of you. (If you need a jar for boric acid - I'm your girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to think about a special blankie for your little girl. I'm definitely interested in those owls. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about Martha's Halloween issue this morning, and wondering if it could possibly be out yet! That quilt piece looks awesome. Happy dandy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your name for the blankie. My daughter named her blanket "bobbie". It's a wonderful thing for a child to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you found a use for the pieces. Mine are framed, and hanging as well.
    Blessings, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?