Monday, August 02, 2010

On the farm

I've decided that being in the second trimester in the summer (even the inferno summer we are having this year) is just about perfect. Past the nausea but not to the "dying from having too big of a baby in the belly" yet phase. It is PERFECT for gobbling up the deliciousness of summer.
And the peach farm has been calling to me since June, well before the peaches were ready. So Saturday I gave up on crappy yard saling and we went to the farm.
Oh yea, come to my belly.
We scrounged up a quart of blackberries for Dave while we were out there.
It was hard, hot, sweaty, wet (from the rain) work!
The only disappointment was that none of them were ripe. So now I have to wait for one to get ripe enough for me to pluck it from the row and devour it.

Yummmmmmmmmy.

I have my next OB appointment on Thursday this week. I will be 16+ weeks, which is the week we found out Jack was a boy. I am desperately hoping the new little fish will show me the goods then too!

8 comments:

  1. I'm trying to catch up with everyone real quick, so here goes:
    1.I think we all can't wait to find out what kind of bun you've got in that oven!
    2.I'm glad to see a new quilt for you, especially one that you've been searching for!
    3.That is one crazy big collection of pottery! I've only been collecting for a year, and they're few and far between, so I still get excited when I find a piece at my price, and I bet you still do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm eager to find out the gender of your baby. I'm actually comforted to see you active again on your blog. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find out, too! Glad you're feeling good. And why are kids so cute when they sleep? (The crown is just icing on the cake.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you sound so much better!!! Can't wait to find out the sex of the baby. We all just hope and pray for a healthy baby!!!!

    The peaches look divine. I can almost smell homemade cobbler! Altho.......I love to eat green peaches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having a good summer. I can't wait to find out what the baby will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those peaches! I want them in my tummy too! The second trimester is really more enjoyable than any of the two. I wish you have a safe pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to the farmer's market last Saturday and got a big basket of peaches (28) of them. They are about the size of a softball, they took 3 days to get delicious; I put them on my kitchen table where the sun shines in a bit.
    What are you going to make out of yours? I am making pies, yum.
    :) Bren

    1st time visit here, just stumbled in

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?