Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hapde Burfday baby

My Dearest Jack,
Today you are six! And what an amazing kid you are.

You have transitioned to kindergarten seamlessly. You moved into our new house with no drama. And now you are well on your way to preparing for your little sister to arrive. You've discovered a love of fishing and are dying to try out gymnastics (just one more week!). You are reading chapter books in an hour's time and asking for more. You are mastering long division with ease. You are asking tougher questions like where did your sister come from and who and what is God? You've started to think about what you will be when you grow up (a gymnastics teacher) and are truly realizing that a whole world is out there waiting for you.

You always make me laugh with your insights. "Do you have to throw up Jack? No. Do you mom?" or "My sister will miss me when I am away at college."
And you amaze me with the things you can do. This morning you surprised me with this origami elephant. WHAT?!?! How on earth did you manage to make that?

And then I found this paper after you went to school. You gain new skills with every passing minute it seems.

We have had a bit of a rough patch here lately. It has been a hard year for sure. And now, more than ever, I am ever so grateful to have you as my son.

I just *know* that you are going to be more amazing than ever in the year to come.

I love you sweet pea.

Mama

16 comments:

  1. adorable! Happy Birthday Jack :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jack! You are both smart and sweet, or as Sadie says, "The best thing to be is smeet. It means smart and sweet together."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post to your son. I hope today is a special day for you both. Jack is quite gifted. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kid is smart and cute as a button. He's the total package! Happy Birthday Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6th Birfday Jack!!!! Hope you have a terrific week!!

    Molly, and Sarah(another redheaded genius)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!!!! What an awesome kid you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Birthday Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry and Maria wish Jack a very happy birthday! (and I do, too. And a happy Mama day, Sarah.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiest of Happy Burfdays Jack!!!6sure is a great age to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:14 PM

    I am a kindergarten teacher and your Jack is one advanced little boy. I love the paper you found. He will be a terrific big brother.
    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthdy, Jack! I hope you had a great birthday!

    He's such a whipper snapper. I can't believe all the things he knows how to do at his age. :)

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're brilliant Jack -- I hope you had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?