Thursday, October 28, 2010

On the eighth day of Halloween

The Great Pumpkin gave to me:

Weather cold enough that I had to turn the heat on after my nap this afternoon, brrr;

Some stuff I have been meaning to show you forever-
A pile of FANTASTIC feedsacks;
two sweet bottle brush trees;
a handful of ornaments (I found a HUGE box of ornaments in the basement yesterday while digging for an emergency costume for Jack to wear to his kindergarten party today. I have decided that this year I *am* going to weed down the collection some. They cannot stay in the basement where they will be ruined by humidity. I am ITCHING to start that project, but holding off until after Sunday.);
a doll cradle that I am crazy, madly, deeply in love with. Sorry this is not a great photo, the sun is getting lower before I have a chance to take pics for the day.

It's the perfect shade of green and yellow and it's actually pretty small. It has no signs of ever having had a bottom, so I need to get Dave to put some kind of bottom on it and then it goes into Miss Thing's room. (And PLEASE let me have a free moment soon to make a little dolly for her to put in it.);
a little note in Jack's bag from "Gracie" at school. He has been bringing home quite a few notes from Gracie this week. Hmmmmm :-). (Except that he doesn't seem to give one hoot about the little hearts she is drawing on everything for him!);

and while this is not thrilling to you, I spent the morning cleaning out the linen closet. Dave asked me to do SOMETHING about it way back when I was on bedrest (not right then, of course), and I decided it was time to make room for the rest of the laundry in there once and for all.

However, we are NOT going to discuss the fact that I have 20 duvet covers and I could only manage to purge one.

Because you understand that problem.

Right?

3 days till Halloween and I have to figure out just how Jack is going to wear the bat wings and then the costume is DONE.

But we don't even have any pumpkins yet!

2 comments:

  1. I'll share one of our 20+ pumpkins. I can't wait to see Jack's bat costume. By the way, I own the exact same doll bed. No kidding!! Your bottle brush trees are very sweet. You always find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I've got pumpkins aplenty, you just have to drive down here to San Antonio and come get 'um...lol!

    I just adore bottle brush trees and have only found one that was ancient at Salvation Army around seven years ago.

    I got a jolt when you said that some of your ornaments didn't survive the humidity in the basement. I have mine stored in the garage and temps here with the humidity have been outrageous. I'm scared to go look inside my bins....I'll have to pretty soon!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?