Sunday, October 31, 2010

On the eleventh day of Halloween

The Great Pumpkin gave to me:

One cat who is FREAKING out over Halloween decorations.

One finished Halloween costume.

One kid who has declared said costume his "favorite costume ever", which makes all the glue gun burns worthwhile.

And one pretty good trip to the flea market on a chilly Halloween morning.
I didn't buy this HUGE (think trash can) sized shortening can because I had already blown my cash, but I will probably be forever sorry I didn't. There is something about the colors and patterns that I just adore.

I did buy:
reflectors;
this vintage Japan Christmas decoration which opens up to do...
this and which Jack is really, really, really wanting to get his little hands on;
this owl bucket which I have been waiting to get my hands on for YEARS;
and the matching pumpkin (I think there was also a ghost and a skull? or maybe a witch? they were made by Dept 56 I think);
a toddler sized quilt (probably cut down from a larger one)...
with sweet dresden plates;
and a lovely red, white and blue quilt...

with really tiny stitches.

Thank you Great Pumpkin!

I will be back tomorrow with the costume and the end of the Great Pumpkin. (Does that mean I can put the Christmas tree up then?)

5 comments:

  1. You scored BIG time. I'm coveting everything. You always find the best Christmas items, but that owl bucket would fit nicely with my owl collection.

    Happy Halloween. I can't wait to see Jack's bat costume. I'm all partied out after last night's bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really found a mother lode of goodies! Love love love the owl!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have THE BEST flea mkt in the world. All ours has is crappy stuff made in china :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the owl.

    Funny, as we wound down from trick or treating last night, a few of us moms discussed when the Christmas decorations come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, the Quilt Queen is back, with two great finds! Love them, and I have to hunt down one of those owls for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?