Monday, November 15, 2010

aye, aye, aye

Honestly, life is rocketing by me right now.

Here's what we have been up to:
Last Monday I had my 30 week OB appointment where I discovered that Miss Thing is still very breech. She still has some time to move (31 weeks today!), but, given my other complications and her position the OB is thinking a c-section is likely my best option.

On Wednesday Jack had a dental check up where we discovered that he has TWO adult teeth on the bottom in the front. I have been asking if any of his baby teeth were wiggly, but he hadn't reported any changes. Sure enough, two wiggly little teeth and two big teeth right behind them. I was SHOCKED! :-)

On Thursday my Dad and I went to the Veterans Day program at the elementary school, where my Dad was one of the veteran guests of honor. The kindergartners sang the sweetest little song to them, and I wish I had thought to bring a recording device. (There was no notice from the school or Jack that they would be singing. Oy.)
On Friday we FINALLY made the annual birthday trip to the zoo to take the required hippo photo.

On Saturday I started putting up some Christmas stuff. And doing about 9,000 hours of grocery shopping. Plus a Lowe's build and grow. Plus a HUGE thrift store donation (we are still clearing out the basement, and finally unpacking the moving boxes down there). I donated two HUGE U-haul boxes of Christmas stuff. Including ornaments. And you know what? I am totally okay with it.
On Sunday we went to the flea market. (In the cold. I am still a die hard, hugely pregnant and unable to walk or not.)

It was tablecloth day. (Sorry for the setting sun in the corner there.)
I picked up this green one.
And this HUGE one.

And this tiny one.

Then I came home and painted a cabinet for Miss Thing's room. (Which I am feeling way too pregnant to be doing, but this crud has to get done sometime. Hmmmm, I am starting to get the feeling that I am just feeling tired and pregnant. Ha.)

And then today I painted a new office chair.

I still have two pieces of furniture needing paint for her room, but I am afraid I am starting to run out of decent 60 degree days in which to get it done!

Hopefully I will be back sooner rather than later with some of those projects.

But if I am not, you can rest assured you will find me on the couch.

Tired and avoiding projects. Not to mention avoiding the fact that we are only something like 40 days from Christmas. Aye, aye, aye. LOL

7 comments:

  1. Darling pics of Jack and your Dad. You always find the best tablecloths. I cant' wait to see more nursery items. Bring on Christmas too!! I thought of you this weekend. I spent the entire weekend cleaning and organizing my craft room. I posted a tour on the blog. Extra hugs as you continue to work through the last of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting you are 31 weeks.
    Can't wait to see more of the things you are doing for Miss Things room.
    Great collection of cloths - love the HUGE one.
    Wow adult teeth for jack - amazing.
    Take care
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty tablecloths! How do you do it? It's great to hear your pregnancy news too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may find a lot of ornaments, but you definitely are in the best market for quilts and tablecloths. I am not sure how many more years Jack is going to fit inside that hippo. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, 31 weeks already! I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited ;o)
    And can you please let me know the address of the place that those huge boxes of Christmas went? Knowing the kinds of things you have, it would probably be worth taking a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has got to be the fastest 31 weeks ever.
    My daughter had the same thing happen with her teeth. So weird, and yet, apparently quite normal.
    Slowing starting the Christmas gifts that aren't coming from the garden....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've been busy, busy Sarah! Cute pictures of Jack. And 31 weeks! Boy, oh boy, won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?