Monday, December 13, 2010

The joy of sewing

Several boxes have arrived for Miss Thing, making for the most wonderful kind of virtual baby shower. They are always filled to the brim with beautiful vintage goodness for our baby girl. (If I haven't shown yours yet, I am slowly working my way through taking pictures. I am finding it hard to get a good photo of anything right now, lol.)

The first box to arrive was from April . I showed you the doll quilt she sent, but nestled in amongst that quilt was this unfinished quilt top:
filled with these sweet little kittens. It took me a long time to decide what to do with it, but yesterday I was spurred on in a fit of creative juices.
So I carefully removed one of the panels and made another doll quilt for the mini quilt wall.
Not only did I get to dig through (and use) some of my MOST beloved vintage fabrics, it made me remember how satisfying it is to turn little pieces of fabric into something wonderful.

It feels like it has been a LONG time since I have been in that place. :-)

And doll quilts happen to be a good project for right now since they are fairly labor UNintensive and don't require hours of standing or sitting. (Both of which are becoming impossible. I can barely reach the kitchen faucet over the belly right now. LOL)

35 weeks and counting!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm just enjoying everything about your nursery progress. Keep the pics coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast time is flying! Any day now Miss Thing will be making her grand entrance into the world, and she's going to just love the sweet bedroom that her Mama made for her!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?