Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snowfall

We had our first snowfall of the season last night.
It's beautiful.

And BITTERLY cold.

And it's the one year I didn't buy Jack new snow pants (I thought we had a size six from last year) and I discovered we only had a 5T and they are 8 inches too short! (There wasn't enough snow last year to even wear them but once or twice.)

Ooops. I need to spend more time at the thrifts!*
Since it's cold and snowy I gave into the gingerbread pleas.
We bought a Wilton mini village kit this year. I won't make that mistake again. (We had to cut all the pieces, make the icing, wait hours, and there were too many houses to hold Jack's attention for very long. I will be sticking to the Costco "gingerbread for very lazy mothers" kit next year.)

While I was taking the photos I noticed how lovely the new house truly is. At the other house our gingerbread photos always included piles of detritus every where in the background.

Not here! There is the snowy window and a Christmas tree and the fireplace and beautiful light.

Bring it on Christmas. I am ready. :-)

We painted the baby's room this week and once I get it put back together I am very nearly ready for her too. I've hit the thrift a few times this week scoring clothes for her and a few longer sweaters for me to cover the ever expanding belly. Now I can relax, make a few more little quilts for her and spend more time at the thrift! Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

I will be back soon to start some Christmas decor photos. Or baby's room photos. Or something. Enjoy your Sunday!

* I actually am ready. Presents bought, cards long mailed, trees decorated. And despite nearly going into labor in the middle of the grocery store on Friday, I have enough groceries for the next 3 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. The house does look great! And as much as I like seeing that adorable child of yours, I also want to see that fireplace and mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house does look beautiful. You sound so happy and relaxed. Let the good times roll! I am so very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you found Jack his snowpants? I have a pair of black, bibb, size 7, you can have. They are a thrifted pair. I bet you'd have them by Saturday if I mailed them tomorrow. We aren't that far from each other.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?