Thursday, January 06, 2011

Baby Watch

I had my 38 week/3 day appt today and I am 2-3 cm dilated and Miss Thing (the baby with no name still) is at a minus 2 station. Plus I am having contractions. And pressure. And generally feeling very crabby and achy and in pain and ready for this to be over.

My OB said he thinks we should have a baby over the weekend.

So I am packing a hospital bag, rounding up childcare for Jack, letting my dad know he needs to pack his bag so he can stay with Jack and otherwise wrapping up odds and ends here.

I know it could still be 11 days or more, but I am going to be positive and hope that this weirdness I am feeling means she is coming sooner rather than later.

So many of you have been with us on every step of this two year journey and I know you get it when I say this is both an exciting and yet very anxious time for us. I could use all of your good thoughts and prayers and positive energy that she will arrive soon (very soon!) and without too much drama.

Thank you! (Hopefully I will see you on the flip side with a new baby very soon. Otherwise I will be back to show you her room and continue to moan about my increasing discomfort. LOLOL)

23 comments:

  1. Best wishes and praying for Little Miss to make her appearance very soon. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of happy healthy laboring vibes your way! (on a side note, glad to know i am not the only one without a baby name so close to their due date *smile*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for this weekend! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying and sending you tons of "easy labor" vibes!!!!!! Maybe tonight is the night. When my water breaks it always happens at night, so be prepared. I can't wait to see pics and finally hear what her name is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers till we hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yay!!! that's so exciting (but i totally get your anxiety!!)!! cant wait to hear the news! oh new babies are so wonderful!! God Bless. Will be praying for you & that new baby & the rest of your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:30 PM

    God bless and good luck.

    Andrea in CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I checked in...I'll be thinking of you...sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrilled to read this news this a.m. You know we will all be praying for you and a healthy gorgeous baby!
    You'll do wonderfully well - you are a terrific mom.
    I am so excited!!!!!!
    Gentle hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for a smooth, uneventful labor and delivery... and looking forward to meeting Miss Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck to you. Hope it is an easy, quick labor. You could hold off til Tuesday and have her on Marjorie's birthday. ;) KIDDING! I know what those last few weeks are like and if she wants to get her for snuggles sooner that would be great. Can't wait for pictures of that darling little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see her! Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. eeeeeeek! you will remain in my prayers, Sarah. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. thinking of you & little-miss-no-name. when i was pregnant the first time, my doc told me to expect to have the girls by 34 weeks. try 4 weeks later. glad to know you are aware that it could still be much longer (and we all know that 11 days is an eternity to a 9 month pregnant mama!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! Send good baby vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! I am finally catching up on my blog reading - you have been busy. Best wishes for this new and exciting year. I can't wait to see Jack as a big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited to meet Miss Thing! Wishing you a quick delivery, and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I have ever commented before but I wanted to say that yes, I have been reading quite awhile, through your struggles and remember being so pleased when you announced you were expecting this little one. Now, I am thrilled we will get to meet her soon! Sending happy wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good thoughts, prayers, positive energy - done, done and done. Very happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sending good positive thoughts your way. hang in there - little ones have a way of deciding when they're good & ready! can't wait to hear her name!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best wishes and lots of prayers. Can't wait to meet the new addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My prayers are with you. And how about "Jacintha" for a name? It is hyacinth in french - it is also the name of a stone on the wall in the Temple in New Jerusalem... Just a Suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?