Thursday, January 13, 2011

The magic of ordinary days

Thank you all so much for all the warm wishes!

In my fuzzy new mommy brain, I remember those early days with Jack as being killer hard. I was scared and nervous and frantic and he cried so much. I found myself unable to feed us or dress us or even know my head from a hole in the ground.

I don't know if the difference this time is experience or my "advanced maternal age" LOL or just that every kid is different, but I find myself MUCH more relaxed this time. And actually able to get stuff done, just as I would any other day.

So for today:
Jack is out playing in the snow

and the Junebug and I are watching HGTV, making dinner in the crockpot and doing lots and lots and lots of laundry. Man alive! she and I are making a lot of dirty laundry.

I couldn't resist taking her photo like that, I am pretty sure we have one nearly exactly the same of Jack around here somewhere. She is even wearing his little sleeper. :-)

Anyway, her little baby belly is calling. Off with me again!

12 comments:

  1. O my gosh she is so adorable. I miss having a little baby around. McKale is now 21 months. I miss the little baby noises....the smell...the cuddles. Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww....so precious. I'm glad you are settling back into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her chunky little cheeks are totally stealing my heart! Congratulations and I'm glad everything is going so smoothly! I'm due in May and people keep telling me how much "help" I'll need. It can't be THAT hard, can it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first couple weeks I think we are blessed with new mom euphoria - must be some super hormone that gets released during birthing. Hope you continue to feel on top of things once that wears off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah she is just beautiful. I am so happy for you all
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated wishes! I know this baby was a long time coming, but she looks totally worth the wait. Adorable!

    And FYI -- I'm "advanced maternal age" too. I was 40 when I had my twins one year ago. It's definitely different the 2nd time around, and when they were little I got so much done. Now they are moving and it's a little more difficult :) but I don't care.

    So happy for you, and can't wait to follow the advantures of both Jack and Samantha. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! So glad your wait is finally over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how cute she is. And that she's here! Just amazing. I was a bundle of energy after Carrie (no. 2) was born - maybe it's just easier the second time around. Glad you're feeling so well. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks so sweet, like a little birdie waiting to be fed! It's been pretty amazing, following you on this journey, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're already making dinners and doing tons of laundry. You're a dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gorgeous!! Congratulations for a job well done...and each kid is definitely different. My #2 was a chubby easy going little girl with a finger roll of black hair... now if #3 had come first she would have been an only!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is perfection in the imperfect and beauty in the ordinary!

    It looks like all is well :)
    Little Junebug looks like an angel singing!

    xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?