Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Breaking out the cricut

I am exhausted. 17 hours of taking care of Sammi and Jack yesterday and today I am TOAST.

Waking up at 4 30 every day does not suit me and if Dave doesn't shut off that alarm clock soon I just might go postal. Ha.

Anyway. Last year for Christmas I got a cricut. It has sat untouched for more than a year. Since Sammi's baptism is next weekend I thought we would break it out and make some invitations to her little coming out party.
I like what the cricut makes, but I dislike making it. It's a lot of steps to get it all cut out and then a lot of steps to assemble it.

Give me the sewing machine any day thank you.

I've also managed to squeeze out a pair of bitty booties to wear with her christening gown.

Now I need a nap. Please let her sleep for 15 minutes so I can catch a snooze too!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah..I love the darling little booties! They look so vintage.

    I bought a Cricut....you are so right. I found I had no patience for it. I love crafting but I just cannot get myself to spend the time to do it. I think that's why I am always amazed at what my bloggy friends create!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is super late but I loved your thank you notes. what a darling idea.

    hope you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The xyron create a sticker machines makes the cricut bits a lot more tolerable to work with. You just run it through, pull it out, voila! Instant sticker. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the same boat Valen (who will be a month this Sunday) wont sleep unless he is being held. The swing on occasion can take my place but he has to be good and sleepy for that to work. I feel your pain, and mush brain for no sleep *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hippo! So cute! Even if it was a pain to make!

    And the booties are adorable!

    I hope you are able to get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those booties are so sweet. i don't know how you can make anything with lack of sleep! you should be quite proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah...I am in love with it all. I am always amazed when I stumble on a blog that I wonder how I haven't seen it before. Gorgeous from the projects to the kiddos. Yes it is a Land of Nod Jenny Lind. I had a crush on it for a year...then my husband bought it for my birthday. It is so beautiful...I would love to have another one. Thanks for stopping. I hit the wrong button on my phone and deleted the comment by accident...sorry. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?