Saturday, March 26, 2011

Must.make.now

Yesterday I was browsing the internet while nursing Sammi* and I saw this post . Which kind of made me crazy with all of it's wonderfulness. You'll be seeing at least two ideas I got from that post in my house soon. I already started another project from there this afternoon.

It led me to this post which made me all kinds of crazy too. I NEEDED that handkerchief decal and I needed it NOW.

So then I found this post and 20 minutes later I had this:

One vintage hanky + a bit of embroidery floss + a piece of steam a seam II (which I always keep on hand, you should too!) and the iron and voila!

My own hanky decal.

* I spend a lot of time browsing design blogs and watching the Nate Show in this chair right now. It has SERIOUSLY reignited my love affair with the new house. I want to make over everything. I want to fluff everything. I want to sew. I want to design. I love my house.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I LOVE those yellow doors in the first post you sent us to. And the yellow quilt. I soooo need some sunshine!

    I wonder if Heat n Bond would work for the wall decals...? Hmmm. I love your handkerchief picture. I think putting in a frame is better than right on the wall. Then you can move it where and when you want.

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic. You are brilliant, and I am very impressed at everything you get done. I can't even tell you the last time I made something that wasn't food for a toddler. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?