Sunday, March 27, 2011

No apologies

I see a lot of bloggers lately apologizing for discussing their kids or their pregnancies. Or worse yet, swearing to not become "one of those blogs".

You will find no apologies for photos of my little bundles of love here.

Does it mean I lose followers? Yes, and I have.

Do I care? Not one bit.

My mom asked me if I was going to blog Sammi like I did Jack. It made me laugh because I have never stopped blogging. Once I started I just kept rolling.

I have blogged it all. And I will continue to do so. The kids may not care one iota about this little blog when they are grown, but part of me hopes they really do. I always wonder what it was like for my parents when my brother and I were small. What filled the days, what was the world like, what did my parents *do* when they were young?
Well, here's what we did today - I sent the kids out in the yard so I "could please just sew two seams!" (which required bobbin threading). And then I realized that Sammi was wearing Jack's old puppy outfit and holy smokes it was a bundle of cute out there.

See what I mean?

No apologies needed really. :-)

15 comments:

  1. No apologies necessary... keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I started following you because you blogged about that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty keeps me coming back. By the way, I love seeing your hubby with your kiddos and those darling ears on Sammi are so stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no need for apologies. we all blog about our families. it's a way of keeping a "journal". i like the idea of printing it all off in a book.
    keep it up. i enjoying seeing your family. cuteness abounds at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in my top five favorite bloggers! I don't care what you post! Your kids are adorable and your home decor projects are easy and fantastic! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI, you haven't lost this reader. I'm just not much of a commenter these days. Thank-you for your posts! (I too am bugged by those who apologize or think it is uncool to post about their kids because they once thought that way before kids. I'm guessing they really are dying to!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and in addition to my last thought. I'm guessing the people who count really DO want to see the kid posts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No apologies needed, Sarah. You're keeping us entertained with your stories and all that cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling bundle of LOVE~

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. way too cute. how could you NOT blog this!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep on keeping on! That's the great thing about a blog without advertisements! Total freedom! I find blogging is great motivation to take those photos that might otherwise go unsnapped. It's really made me more conscious of the little things that make life special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After what you went through to get this adorable family, I'm here for the long haul! I thought that was a bunny outfit on Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's what I am thinking? You take those gorgeous kiddos off this blog and I am leaving! Just kidding...I do my blogging for me. I am always the one taking the photos...This is for my kids to know each nook and cranny and thought of how I am their...although I enjoy everyones thoughts and company along the way...It is a written diary of my daily life...the one that revolves around them. Thanks for sharing yours with us, the babies, the projects and the thoughts! Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  15. No apologies needed for photos of your little bundles of love cos we love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?