A thrift challenge
It started with this toddler shirt I bought for $1 in Goodwill a few weeks back. It's sized 24 months and is that lovely melon color I am crushing on right now. Since I have no way of knowing if it would ever fit Sammi in the right season I decided to cut it up.
Once I started cutting I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to use as much of it as I possibly could.
Here's what I made from that $1 toddler shirt (I bought NOTHING new to do any of this, everything additional was in my sewing room already):
I cut the bottom ruffle off and trimmed Sammi's lampshade (it is just glued on);
an octopus toy (pattern here );
applique and bow on a onesie;
by this time scraps were getting scarce - I mod podged a bunch onto a paper mache Easter egg...
here's the front of the egg;
and what might be my favorite project, a dollhouse sized bunting...
with scalloped edges.
Here's what's left from the shirt:
a pile of trash;
a small pile of usable scraps (they fit in a soap dish);
and the last of the ruffles plus two buttons.
It was a fun, creative challenge!