Monday, April 11, 2011

Times they are a changin'

Miss Junebug turned 3 months old yesterday. And maybe, just maybe, she has outgrown the colic. I noticed last week that there was no witching hour every night, and she is on her way to taking naps (in her swing) without being held. I am tentatively very VERY VERY excited about this development.

She also is REALLY keen on licking everything. The other day I spotted her on her play gym clutching the hem of her little dress licking it. LOL
This is what I woke up to this morning - Dandy lying in the yard, rain soaked and getting disgusting.

Oh Dandy. You have been with us every single day for 6 years. And now this?
I will always remember my sweet little redheaded boy who would clutch you like it was the end of the world. We took our portraits with you...
we played with you...

and we traveled EVERY WHERE with you. (Even to preschool every day.)

Jack is still carrying around the second Dandy (I had a back up for emergencies!) but it is definitely becoming less and less important, as evidenced by your watery overnight stay last night.

Sniff.

* WHAT?!?! Your backyard isn't a kid disaster? Mine is. Don't be fooled by clever photo cropping on other occasions.

** Now if only that flat spot on the baby's head would round out again without a helmet I could sleep easier all around.

5 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie pie!!
    I struggled with colic 42 years ago ( yeah, I know... the dinosaur days). My MIL told me it would pass ( some help) and it did. And when it did...huge relief!
    I'm glad your battle is ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! What a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes you make 'em cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute.

    My daughter put EVERYTHING in her mouth for years. She was 5 and I would still catching licking door knobs. She's 9 now and I think she's outgrown it, but occasionally I still see her looking at something and I can tell by that face, she really wants to taste it.
    On the flip side, she rarely got sick and I completely and totally chalk it up to the fact that everything went in her mouth (and I don't keep anti-bacterial anything around here.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My house and yard are kid disasters... thanks god for cropping:) Her head will round out... hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?