Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The parade of stuff, part two

Friday morning I woke up all excited to go to a yard sale I found that said "vintage fabric remnants". Jack and Dave were off to the field trip and Sammi and were going junking!

Except I then realized the sale didn't start until 4 pm! Bah. It bummed me out all morning.

I managed to squeeze it in on the way home from the Goodwill Outlet though, and I was NOT sorry I did.

The fabric was horrible 1970s double knit polyester, but the other stuff was good.
I bought a giant box filled with vintage play dishes (and some fun vintage cowboy stuff for Jack which I didn't take pictures of). Part of what was in that box was this awesome purple tea set.
This is not the greatest photo, but these are the SWEETEST German children's enamelware dishes, which are already on display in Sammi's room.
This old slate has two sides for writing on, and it is also already at home in Sammi's room.

And there was no way I was leaving this doll bed behind, even though it had the ghastly high price of $5. (I kid, the other stuff was crazy cheap.) It is also already at home in Sammi's room.

Between this stuff and all the stuff we bought at the Goodwill outlet (which there was more I didn't show you - boring stuff like kid's toys and games and lots and lots of books), the van was getting more full than it has in a very long time.

And I still have lots more to show you.

Crazy good junking last weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't this just keep the junk juice going when you hit it big. These dishes are worth it. High tea with Sammi in 10 months! Too cute! Never have run across children's enamel, lucky...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I always love seeing the stuff you bring home! Love the German dishes and great vintage toys. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing finds. That enamel dish set is just divine and I wouldn't have been able to pass up that sweet little doll bed too. Good for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some crazy good junking going...that is the best feeling. Love the enamelware dishes - ADORABLE with a capital "A"

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?