Saturday, June 18, 2011

Got no mojo

I am SERIOUSLY lacking in the junk mojo department right now. It's not for lack of trying - I am still getting us up, getting us dressed and trying to find junk, but it is nowhere to be found. This morning I went chasing a craigslist ad that promised "98 year old grandma's fabric" but despite driving 25 minutes (!!) there was no yard sale at the address in the ad. (SERIOUSLY people, put up a cancellation ad!)

Anyway.

I've managed to scrounge up a few things.
I have a sizable vintage toy collection. For the kids. Yea, that's what we'll call it, a collection for the kids. I keep them on the playroom shelves, but Jack has never shown the least bit of interest in them.

Sammi on the other hand is completely in love with the big red wheels on this racer.
And the little tow truck is too fun too.
I found the green pot (McCoy) and the white pot together. I am on the fence about the white one. It seems like it could be new. But it was cheap, and they were together, and the aqua one *is* legit, so home it came.
And I scrounged up some adorable vintage doll clothes that have seen better days. (And they need to be ironed badly.)
I can't even imagine putting in the amount of time it would take to make these little outfits for dolls.
Even as a sewer I think I am way too lazy for that. But I love the love they represent - from a mama to her little girl.

This little sunsuit is my favorite.

I need to find a doll these will fit for Sammi.

Other than that I am still feeling WAY WAY too busy. What is the deal? I need time to relax already! I need time to sew already! I have so many things I want to be making right now. Oy.

2 comments:

  1. Your doll clothes are just lovely. I'm glad you're finding a little bit of thrifting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! These are lovely finds. When I did the mini aprons. I swore I would never sew anything tiny again. Way to intricate....smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?