Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just yum

My brother has been working on an organic farm and he recently brought us a box of produce that included peas, turnips, beets and cabbage.

All were consumed and enjoyed, but the peas! Oh the peas! I hadn't had fresh peas since I was little.
Today when he dropped my nephew off he brought a few more pounds of those peas, which I quickly shelled...

and then admired...

and then resisted eating them all until dinner time.

Just YUM!

P.S.

I bought Sammi another swimming suit. In my defense, I have managed to lose the cute little strawberry one AND

it was like $3 at Gymboree and there was a matching coverup. I mean come on!

But where did that strawberry one go? I didn't even get a picture of her in it. Boo.

3 comments:

  1. Lord, she is so cute and she looks SO much like Jack! Does she ever not smile?
    I love fresh peas, it's the only reason I can justify paying for the occasional trip to the Whole Foods salad bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to plant peas every year for my kids to eat as they play ball in the back yard. No lie it started when my High Schooler was 3...They love every minute of gardening with me. It is only a 6 feet by 6 feet box that we rotate crops in. I am pretty sure Esther Williams/Sammi needs more than one swim suit a year! Enjoy your holiday weekend...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some fresh peas at a restaurant recently and I know just what you mean! YUM! Speaking of peas- SWEET PEA! So cute! Does she always look so happy?!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?