Monday, June 06, 2011

Not without sentiment

From the first day of kindergarten...

to the last.

Today is a milestone for you Jack. Next year you will ride the school bus, go to school all day, eat lunch at school and be away from mom for more than 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Since you don't want to talk about first grade at.all I suspect it is a little scary for you. It's a little scary for mom too!

We have never been apart that much.

But I know you are going to just WOW everyone in first grade like you have in kindergarten.

And I know you are going to continue to grow and find your own confidence with every passing day.

We are now officially shooting down the path that is the goal line of this mothering gig - raising a child who becomes an independent adult. With every passing year you will be one year closer to being a grown up and one year farther away from being my baby. But. It's good! That's what I want for you - success and happiness, however you may find it.

You have done an amazing job in kindy.

I am so proud of you today.

Love,
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jack...No lie my oldest it seems just finished Kindergarten...and today took his first day of drivers ed...it really does go fast in a good way...Smiles....Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?