Monday, July 18, 2011

8+ years, 2 houses and 2 kids later

When I cleaned out the sewing room (AGAIN) last week, I discovered the foam boards from our engagement were still in the closet in there. Dave has been reluctant to let me get rid of them and I finally had a brilliant idea - let's go back to where we got engaged, take photos of them and make them into a photo book. Something small and easy to keep and we can finally get rid of the boards themselves.

So this weekend we hauled the kids back to the middle school where I worked to take the pictures. He actually proposed on Valentine's day and it happened to be during a passing period so the stairwell he was standing in front of outside was FILLED to the brim with middle schoolers. (That stairwell no longer exists.) When the kids saw him standing out there they started to whoop and holler and stomp and clap and cheer and it filled the entire three story building with the MOST deafening noise I have ever heard.

And there the kids stood until he got to the very last sign. (And was nearly arrested as the principal went running outside to see who was trespassing and what the commotion was. LOL)











And here we are, 8 years, a few cars, one big move and two adorable littles later.

The last two or three years have been particularly challenging, but, I think I'll keep them - the husband, the kids and *maybe* even the foam boards.

After all, I did just clean out the basement, didn't I?

18 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! That’s so sweet and cute and precious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann10:07 AM

    Wow, now that's a proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly sweet!! Nice way to memorialize them by taking pics, if you do end up getting rid of them. This made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet, lovely proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! What a freat story to tell the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That put a smile on my face for the day. That man is a keeper...what a great way to pop the question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, how sweet! My husband proposed while I was standing at the stove, frying bacon for BLTs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet- I think I'd keep them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that, and a middle school audience, too - that is WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How utterly, utterly GORGEOUS :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's just the sweetest engagement story. You've definitely got a keeper. Your photoshoot is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous proposal!!! WOW!! *e*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Put those foam boards up in the rafters of the attic or some other hidden area - Jack and Sammi can find them someday and have a blast from the past. What a fun proposal - I never did get asked to marry hm. Not sure how I ended up being married 20 years now.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw man, that's adorable! I think I might try hard to find somewhere to stash those boards too. :) Making the photo book is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Even better that 8 years later you can reenact it knowing that it worked out!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?