Thursday, July 07, 2011

As the collection grows

Sammi thanks you for the tablecloth purchases. She assures you that her mama will use the money to buy more adorable stuff for her. Like this kitty dress.

(There are still plenty of them left, and in my opinion, some of them are the good ones! I also have two quilts that will be going on craigslist and I will put them on the vintage stuff blog also, in case someone is in the market for a quilt.)
Awww, aren't they sweet?

Yesterday I was putting away some laundry and I heard Sammi making a LOT of noise. It turns out that everytime Jack laughed at her she would laugh and laugh and laugh hysterically. And it was music to my ears, the two of them laughing. (It took her a long enough time to start laughing!)

She has also started blowing raspberries.
Yesterday, in a moment of true desperation, I took the kids to exactly two yard sales. The last one was loaded with vintage toys. (With flea market prices). I scrounged up enough money in the van and my wallet to add these three to the collection.
My grandma Johner always had a load of old toys for us to play with, and I remember this one from her house. It's a pity they threw all that away when she died (and I was living in Florida and my dad could only save so much).

To my delight Sammi likes this one too!

This makes quite a racket (not sweet music) if you ask me, but it was cute.

And with that my horrible napping baby is crying for me again. (Really, she is NOT a good napper. At all. I have fond memories of sewing so many things when Jack was napping. Not with this baby!)

4 comments:

  1. I had that exact same phone toy growing up. Too fun!! I haven't thought about that phone until now. What sweet toys. I'm glad you had a good day of thrifting and lots of kid-filled laughter at your house yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be able to get both boys down at the same time. then I tempted fate and had a girl. Claire was a horrible napper. Ten minutes at a time but she slept beautifully at night so I just gave in to the daily routine...At least she is so cute. That's what I used to say...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just accidentally deleted all of my emails!!! DUH! could you please re-email me the total and your mailing address for the tableclothes!!?? I will then send out my check in the AM!!!

    Thanks so much!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vtge Fisher Price toys..even in so-so condition..sell for pretty good money.

    I would love to come across a sale that featured those.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?