Friday, July 22, 2011

Weaned.

As of last Saturday, Sammi is officially weaned.

And I feel good about that.

We doubled the time I spent nursing Jack.

There was a good long period where she was exclusively breastfed.

And we made it to my 6 month goal.

There were many days when it sucked hard core - when she wasn't gaining weight, or it hurt, or her reflux was terrible and she had colic so bad she would just cry, or she was refusing bottles and it was all me, all the time.

There were many days when it was blissful - it was easy, it didn't make all that extra work that bottles make, and it was free!

Now she is gaining weight like a champ, trying to sit up (the reason for the blurry photos), eating all kinds of baby chow and doing all the things that growing up babies do.

And I have one less thing on the to do list.

(Until we (if we are lucky enough to) have a third baby.)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! She is such a doll!

    Now pass on those weaning vibes to me, Mr. Mason(aka Mommyitis boy) won't stop!

    I hope you get your third baby(or maybe even 4th or 5th!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl! I never could get past 6 weeks. Love the basement. I was thinking how much Jack is like my oldest Mac who no matter what we bought would never play in the playroom alone. Finally at 15 is enjoying alone time. Just liked being around us more? Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah...just checking my google reader. Might I just ask if you would please come on over and teach at our local middle school. We could use a few teachers with backbones...LOVE IT! Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the google reader post too... GO SARAH!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those sweet cheeks. I really do think she is one of the CUTEST babies ever. I didn't get shoes sent before it got so blamed hot, so I owe you a pair come fall!!

    And excuse my snark, but screw the haters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna bite those cute baby cheeks!!! She is such a cutie. (go you btw)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Ann1:49 PM

    Wow, congratulations on making it that long. I admire any mom who can breastfeed past 6 weeks. And what a gorgeous baby she is.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?