Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yes, is this 1-800-fabricaholics?

Yesterday the kids and I dropped off another 3 trash bags full of stuff at the thrift store. And just outside the parking lot I spotted a sign that read "really cool yard sale".

The first time I drove past it because there was no place to park. We swung back around and found a place to park.

And then Sammi had a poopy diaper.

By now I was boiling hot and Jack was whining and I was thinking Lordy, I just got rid of all this crap, we should just go home! But my little voice was saying "fabric fabric fabric" even though it looked like all kid stuff.

Sure enough, there were 2 bins full of fabric.
Don't let the looks of this pile fool you. This was almost a full trash bag of fabric. And the picture is blurry because I was DYING to sort it.
The keep pile is small.

And it's mostly scraps.

But honestly, I love scraps. A 5 inch square of a really good vintage fabric makes my heart sing.









How could I have left that there?

And she said there was more.

A lot more.

I left a phone number, just in case she might call. (They never do though.)

But I do honestly believe I should get off the computer and dial 1-800-fabricaholics.

I clearly need a 12 step program.

6 comments:

  1. You totally crack me up. That sale was made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, Sarah? This is fabric-aholic. You can send that beautiful...I mean horrible fabric scraps right on over...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have done the same thing.. pretty sure I need to join fabricaholics as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Now I don't feel so bad about going to 80-11 Big Lots hunting for Martha! And if you ever find any feed sacks that you don't want, I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reward for tidying up your fabric cabinet, no doubt. That thimble print makes me dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to buy it from you in a few years (still have to get my check in the mail!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?