Tuesday, August 30, 2011

flour sack apron

How about one more picture of Sammi in that vintage dress? I think that dress + that quilt is picture perfect.
I bought some fairly pedestrian things at a garage sale this weekend. A small piece of fabric.
A piece of enamelware.
But then I spotted some tiny fruit fabric in a big bag of other ugly fabric and asked if she would sell me just that piece. When I got back to the car I noticed the remnants of a flour label.
And the original pattern for an apron were still on it.

Cute huh?

Too bad I can never use it for anything else now though. I couldn't ever cut it. LOL

4 comments:

  1. I love/hate finding a piece of fabric like that. Love the fabric, hate knowing I will never, ever be able to use it but will hang onto it like a museum curator. Dress + quilt + that Sammi is perfection indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammi definitely my favorite photo so far. Hope you are feeling better. Love what you let mom buy. She has great taste that mom of yours...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?