Friday, September 23, 2011

Big and little

The kids right now:
Still little enough to take baths in the sink (she HATES the tub);

but big enough to be making an almighty mess of everything she can find! (Baby proofing this room has moved up the to do
list with lightening speed. She got into the pottery the other day and pots were banging around and hitting the floor while I was frantically rushing around trying to remove them all. MUST FIND DIFFERENT SHELVES!).

Big enough to be sleeping in her crib at night, but still little enough for naps in her swing. (Although I suspect we are *just* short of the end of that. Yesterday she didn't nap very well at all. I have been working hard to get her to sleep in the crib at night and I thought I would wait another week before I started phasing out the swing at naptime. I think she might have other ideas.)

Jack is so big that pants he tried on just a month ago do not fit already! And I thought I had this year's school clothes all sorted out. Back to the thrift store jean rack with me.

But still little enough to want to sleep in footie jammies (which are darn hard to find in his size!).

Big enough to be spelling words like atmosphere and geography, but still little enough to have a temper tantrum when he and I argue about how to spell temperature. (Which was actually quite funny because he was muttering and I was getting frustrated and we were arguing about which way was right and we were BOTH wrong. LOLOL)

Alrighty then. I have one peed all over bathroom to clean up and one diaper to change.

Happy Friday to you!

9 comments:

  1. Ah...just another day in the life. Wonderful stories of motherhood and normality. Cheeks is gorgeous...Jack is genius...Mom is making it through each day! Smiles..>Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so adorable!! Love the sink picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah,
    Just chiming in to say that my 10-yo still likes footies too. I only find them in the big kid sizes at LL Bean--they are pricey but if you sign up for an account there are coupons and free shipping (free shipping right now for all I think). I get 2 pairs and rotate them all fall and winter. (maybe you could find used on Ebay??)
    Good luck and Sammi is adorable!
    --sarabeth in Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day in the life of normalcy for me!!! Major arguments every day with my 14 year old - temper tantrums from the 3 year old, and a 2 year old into everything BUT his own toys!!! It's a good thing I run a day care so there are always plenty of friends to keep everyone occupied!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff.
    Princess still likes her footie jammies too - sometimes I score them at Target. And I hear ya on the growing and needing to find new clothes....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little girl looks like she's always happy! Oh, and I love your spider wreath, but oh my goodness would I love to be a fly on the wall when about a week after you think you've packed them all away, you come upon one that you forgot, and think it's real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to get footie pajamas in the Lands' End catalog - oh, I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always bring a smile!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! My halloween goodies are done, I will ship them on Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?