Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The height of my laziness

I tried to take a photo of Sammi wearing this outfit for the person who gave it to her and this was the best I could do. This baby is B U S Y right now.

But never mind that, because look at what she has been trying to do all week! She has very little interest in this crawling business and is more than ready to get up and walk. I mean how else is she going to get herself to all the stuff she wants to put in her mouth?!?!

Lord help me now. :-) (GAH, she's just found a rogue lego underneath a bookshelf. Busy I tell you.)

So on Monday I had been up and working my tail off since 6 am. (Plus getting up at 1 am with Sammi.) At precisely 2:24 I decide I am going to sit down and watch Nate.

Exhausted I flop myself on the couch and as soon as Nate starts telling the audience to stop clapping I hear it.

A cat retching.

Now if you have cats you know the sound.

And you know that a cat is about to puke on a rug/bed/clothes/whatever inconvenient thing it can find to puke on.

Because that's what cats do.

And my exhausted self knew that meant another hour of cleaning up crap and MORE laundry.

So what did I do?

Oh, I hightailed it off the couch and went running frantically through the house to find the offender.

As soon as I spotted her I snatched her up by the nape of her neck.

Crap. Now what? I am holding a retching cat and I DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN UP CAT PUKE.

Right then. I run my RETCHING indoor only cat and myself out the back door and make her puke in the backyard.

So I could shut the door and forget about it.

Oh yes I did.

And I would do it again.

In fact I wonder why I hadn't thought of it sooner.

LOL

8 comments:

  1. oh my word! I had a retching cat the other day (on the couch!), and I was so lazy, I got a piece of scrap paper to shove under him so he could retch on that and I just had to throw it away. lol!

    I'm so with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to get ours to the linoleum or hardwood. Easy clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos of sweet cheeks are better than none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius oh crafty one. No wonder you took the week off! Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there with the cats...we keep club soda on hand to clean up.
    I enjoy pictures of your Sweet Cheeks so much! Your stories make me smile. Maybe someday I will have a grand daughter-although everyone thought my sons were girls when they were babies with their long eye lashes. boys just aren't the same as girls....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I thought that is what you were supposed to do with a retching cat. Good thing they're cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lazy would have been sitting on the couch and thinking, 'I'll clean it later.' You showed speed and resourcefulness. Hope you got back to Nate quickly also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've so done that before, only it was with my two dogs. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?